There are a number of ways that you can support us:
- Like any organisation, we have general day to day running costs and you can help us with these by making a donation in cash, by cheque or by regular standing order. We’re a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation so if you’re able to make your donation under Gift Aid then your donation will be even more valuable to us.
- The library is run entirely by unpaid volunteers and you can give some of your time to help run the library in many different ways. You can also help with fundraising events – either helping run the events, or helping to organise them, or both!
- You can also help us by donating your unwanted books.
- Nominate Langney Community Library as your chosen charity on Amazon and then login as normal via www.smile.amazon.co.uk and then shop as normal. Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible order to us – at no cost to you. See more at the Amazon Smile logo below.
- Nominate Langney Community Library as your chosen charity with Eastbourne Local Lottery via www.eastbournelocallottery.co.uk
Want to know more?
If you’d like to know more about supporting us by donating to help towards our running costs or about becoming a volunteer with us, please let us know.
You can pop in when we’re open or email us at email@example.com.
We will be happy to accept most books (and audio books) so long as they are in good condition, clean and undamaged and no missing pages (or CDs). Yellowing of pages may not be a problem – if in doubt about yellowing of pages, bring the book in and we’ll have a look.
Please note that we may have to suspend accepting book donations from time to time at short notice; this may be because we need time to process existing book donations and free up some space.
Please check with us before bringing in any donated books – otherwise you’ll have to take them back again or find an alternative place to take them.
Latest news and updates about book donations
We will be accepting book donations from Tuesday, 13 April 2021.
All books must be delivered in a bag or box. Please note the following strict limits will apply:
- 1 bag/box (maximum 6 books) will be accepted without any pre-arranged appointment
- 4 bags/boxes (maximum 24 books), will only be accepted by pre-arranged appointment
- 2 or 3 bags/boxes (maximum 18 books), may be accepted at the Duty Manager’s discretion
We may vary the above limits or suspend accepting books without notice.